We are Aspectiva -
We develop state-of-the-art NLP solutions that enable millions of Walmart’s shoppers to make smarter and more confident buying decisions. Our small and dynamic team is backed by the world’s largest company by revenue - together we impact the lives of millions around the world.
We’re currently looking for an experienced Data Engineer to help us create a real impact through the development of complex production systems for Walmart’s end-users while handling massive amounts of data.
- You’ll be developing and optimizing high-scale data pipelines. You’ll work on massive amounts of data that provide valuable insights for millions of Walmart’s website daily users.
- Establish ETL’s for a wide variety of data sources.
- You’ll be given the freedom and the support to develop tools and methodologies to increase the efficiency and productivity of the team and company.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams within the site in Israel and stakeholders at Walmart’s HQ in California.
- Take an active part in our Scrum processes, Design reviews, brainstorming, and knowledge-sharing sessions.
- Take ownership of features - from inception through design and coding, eventually bringing your feature to production at a high level of quality and test coverage.
- Extensive experience in software development using Java/Python/C# - MUST
- Experience with Spark - MUST
- Experience in developing scalable and distributed systems and providing review/feedback on designs
- Solid experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with Cache and DB design (SQL/ NoSQL - experience with both is an advantage)
- Experience working with CI-CD, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Kafka, and integration tests - Advantage
We’d like to think of ourselves as nice people that will get along with anyone, but we especially appreciate people who:
- Are passionate about their work and looking to make an impact with their code!
- Are positive! Have a can-do approach and are self-motivated.
- Like to share their ideas, give feedback, and learn from others.
Our values that form the foundation for everything we do:
We’re always hungry to find new solutions so we keep our minds and tools sharp, embracing bold experiments that challenge the status quo.
We make sure everything we do delivers real-world value to the end-users. They are why we wake up in the morning, and they deserve the best!
We are a team at heart. Each of us brings different skills and personalities to the table, but egos must be checked at the door. We treat each other and our clients with respect, knowing we can accomplish much more together than alone.