We are Aspectiva -
We develop state-of-the-art NLP solutions that enable millions of Walmart’s shoppers to make smarter and more confident buying decisions. Our small and dynamic team is backed by the world’s largest company by revenue - together we impact the lives of millions around the world.
We're currently growing and looking for an experienced Backend Team Lead who is passionate about combining technology and leadership to improve our product and lead our talented engineers.
- Lead and mentor a team of talented backend engineers while defining the team’s development standards and metrics.
- You’ll be developing and optimizing high-scale data pipelines. You’ll get to work on massive amounts of data that provide valuable insights for millions of Walmart’s website daily users.
- Establish ETL’s for a wide variety of data sources.
- Work closely with our product team and translate product and business requirements into tools and solutions, while focusing on developer experience, scale and user experience.
- Develop tools and methodologies to increase the efficiency and productivity of the team and company.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams within the site in Israel and stakeholders at Walmart’s HQ in California.
- Bring your personal experience & knowledge to the team and take an active part in our Scrum processes, Design reviews, brainstorming, and knowledge-sharing sessions.
Not sure you fit all criteria? Submit anyway, let us decide!
- At least two years of experience as a team lead of engineers
- Extensive experience in software development using Java/Python/C#/Node.JS
- Experience with Spark - Advantage
- Experience in developing scalable and distributed systems and providing review/feedback on designs
- Experience with Cache and DB design (SQL/ NoSQL - experience with both is an advantage)
- Experience working with CI-CD, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Kafka, and integration tests
About us and our culture
We especially appreciate people who:
- Are passionate about their work and looking to make an impact with their code!
- Are positive! Have a can-do approach and are self-motivated.
- Like to share their ideas, give feedback, and learn from others.
Walmart is one of the most diverse employers in the US.
We in Israel, value diversity and are focused on growing our company with attention to inclusion, as an equal opportunity employer.
Our values that form the foundation for everything we do:
- Innovation – We’re always hungry to find new solutions so we keep our minds and tools sharp, embracing bold experiments that challenge the status quo.
- Impact – We make sure everything we do delivers real-world value to the end-users. They are why we wake up in the morning, and they deserve the best!
- Integrity –We are a team at heart. Each of us brings different skills and personalities to the table, but egos must be checked at the door. We treat each other and our clients with respect, knowing we can accomplish much more together than alone.