We are Aspectiva -
We develop state-of-the-art NLP solutions that enable millions of Walmart’s shoppers to make smarter and more confident buying decisions. Our small and dynamic team is backed by the world’s largest company by revenue - together we impact the lives of millions around the world.
We're currently growing and looking for an experienced Backend Team Lead who is passionate about combining technology and leadership to improve our product and lead our talented engineers.
- Lead, develop and mentor a team of talented backend engineers while defining the team’s development standards and metrics.
- You’ll be developing and optimizing high-scale data pipelines. You’ll work on massive amounts of data that provide valuable insights for millions of Walmart’s website daily users.
- Establish ETL’s for a wide variety of data sources.
- Work closely with our product team and translate product and business requirements into the perfect tools and solutions, while focusing on developer experience, scale and user experience.
- Develop tools and methodologies to increase the efficiency and productivity of the team and company.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams within the site in Israel and stakeholders at Walmart’s HQ in California.
- Bring your personal experience & knowledge to the team and take an active part in our Scrum processes, Design reviews, brainstorming, and knowledge-sharing sessions.
- At least two years of experience as a team lead of engineers - MUST
- Extensive experience in software development using Java/Python/C#/Node.JS - MUST
- Experience with Spark - Advantage
- Experience in developing scalable and distributed systems and providing review/feedback on designs
- Solid experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with Cache and DB design (SQL/ NoSQL - experience with both is an advantage)
- Experience working with CI-CD, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Kafka, and integration tests
We’d like to think of ourselves as nice people that will get along with anyone, but we especially appreciate people who:
- Are passionate about their work and looking to make an impact with their code!
- Are positive! Have a can-do approach and are self-motivated.
- Like to share their ideas, give feedback, and learn from others.
Our values that form the foundation for everything we do:
We’re always hungry to find new solutions so we keep our minds and tools sharp, embracing bold experiments that challenge the status quo.
We make sure everything we do delivers real-world value to the end-users. They are why we wake up in the morning, and they deserve the best!
We are a team at heart. Each of us brings different skills and personalities to the table, but egos must be checked at the door. We treat each other and our clients with respect, knowing we can accomplish much more together than alone.